martes, 24 de junio de 2008

Museum for Art from Lateinamerica, MALBA, in BsAs, 2006. I was studying Antonio Berni, his iconical work "Manifestación". I admire the realistic and caricaturistic stil of Berni, is cruel and direct. I also like the social thema because it wasn´t so common at this time. I wanted to refer to him in my own work about the manifestations in the decade 2000. Suddenly came to me this 2 boys, 10 years old, and they asked to me what I was doing, why and what for. We begann to speak about art, they wanted also draw. "Do you think I could perhaps to draw like you some day?" They told me also that they were living on the streets but now they are in this home for street-children in San Telmo on the Av.Paseo Colón, that before this they only smoked pot ,and everything , all day long. "Do you also smoke ?". I asked if they like Berni. "yeeeees, very much!" They asked their young teacher to take this pictures.